Chromatic Games June 18th, 2021
We need YOUR help! Starting today, we’re asking for input from Defenders through our own Public Test Realm (PTR) build for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened. The main goal for our PTR tests is to gather player feedback on game updates before releases—we want to make sure each of you feels a part of the development process. You get to try out new content and we get to make sure the new content works as planned by its release. Sounds like a win-win!
The PTR format is a bit different from our past testing system and current live-game action, so we want to break down what this looks like for those who are interested:
Now to the important stuff. How do you actually become part of the testing crew? Here’s how:
1.Log in to your Steam account.
2. In your Steam library, right click on Dungeon Defenders: Awakened.
3. Select “Properties” from the menu that appears
4. Once the Properties window opens, click “BETAS”.
5. In the BETAS window, click the drop-down menu for the “Select the beta you would like to opt into” prompt and choose “recruit – Public Testing Realm”.
Note: If you only see the “None” option from the drop-down menu, you will need to restart Steam.
6. Once “recruit – Public Testing Realm” is selected, you can close the window. The test build will begin downloading automatically and you’ll be able to enter the game once the download is complete.
7. Testers can then provide feedback under the Discord section “DDA – PTR” on the Dungeon Defenders Discord server.
We are SO excited to get this first build out to Defenders today. As an indie studio, feedback from you all is integral to our continued success with Dungeon Defenders: Awakened, and with your help, our upcoming update can be the best one yet.
To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels: